The Gradual Awakening book and The Gradual Path guided meditations offer a comprehensive training program of thirty contemplative insights and practices drawn from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. The program supports the cultivation of self-care, altruism and wisdom and presents Tibet's ancient mind science through the lens of current neuropsychology making it accessible to the modern mindset. The gradual path of awakening proposes an alternative to spontaneous, all-or-nothing enlightenment, quick fixes, and New Age self-help for seekers ready to commit to the hard work, over the long haul, that it takes to become fully human.
• Portion of the proceeds from the book and audio sales donated to the nuns of Kopan Nunnery, Nepal.
• Forward by Geshe Tenzin Zopa.
• New translation of Tsongkhapa’s 15th century text Three Principles of the Path by Buddhist scholar Dr. Joe Loizzo.
• Roadmap and commentary on 30 steps from the Gradual Path (Lam Rim).
• Contemporary explanation of the Six Preliminaries (Jorchö), a comprehensive set of preparations for visualization practice.
• Unabashed cultural critique of our modern paradigm of materialism and nihilism and an alternative based on science reunited with authentic spiritual traditions.
• Neuropsychological perspectives on karma, compassion, wisdom and role-modeling visualization.
• Accompanied by 9 hours of audio teachings and guided meditations.
Buy your copy from one of our authorized sellers
Receive exciting bonus teachings and altar images when you get the book
Aug. 9-30 – Thursdays 7 pm – Embodied Philosophy, Online Course
Sept. 12 – Wednesday 7 pm – Tibet House, NYC
Sept. 13 – Thursday 7 pm – The Assemblage, John St., NYC
Sept. 21 – Friday 7 pm – Institute of Traditional Medicine, Toronto, CANADA
Oct. 5-7 – Friday-Sun – Embodied Philosophy presents Wisdom in Exile: An Online Conference
Nov. 7 – Wednesday 7 pm – Rubin Museum of Art, NYC
Oct. 9-25 – 17 day Pilgrimage – Kopan Monastery, Kathmandu, NEPAL
Nov. 22 – Thursday 6:30 pm – Watkins Bookshop, London, UK
Nov. 23 – Friday 1 pm – Project 0, London, UK
Nov. 23-25 – Non residential retreat, Fri-Sun – Jamyang Buddhist Center, London, UK
Nov. 27 – Tuesday 7 pm – Ashtanga Yoga 2002, Athens, GREECE
Dec. 1 – Sat – Delight Yoga, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
Dec. 2 – Sun – De Nieuwe Kerk, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
Feb. 2-9, 2019 – Residential retreat, Hosted by Octopus Garden Yoga, Nosara, COSTA RICA